Tuesday 9 June 2015

Lung Hin Restaurant at Marco Polo Ortigas

Even if Ortigas is quite near us, we rarely go beyond the mall area. That said, it was only recently that I finally got to try out the much-talked-about Chinese restaurant Lung Hin at Marco Polo Ortigas. Well technically this is my second time at the hotel because the Bioderma event was held there. Anyhow it was my uncle's 50th birthday and he had an intimate party at Lung Hin Marco Polo Ortigas. I don't know how much this set menu cost but I'm putting prices on the dishes based on Lung Hin's a la carte menu. Dishes with no prices are not in the a la carte menu I checked.
Lung Hin Marco Polo Ortigas
Baked Barbecue Pork Buns (P220 a la carte)
The first dish out was Baked Barbecue Pork Buns. They kinda look like Tim Ho Wan's but that's where the similarity ends. I don't know how many pieces you get from one a la carte order.
Lung Hin Marco Polo Ortigas
Lun Hing's pork buns are too fatty for my taste. I prefer lean meat for filling but the pork used in these buns seem mostly comprised of fat. I must give my vote to Tim Ho Wan for Barbecue Pork Buns.
Lung Hin Marco Polo Ortigas
Birthday E-fu Noodles
No Chinese birthday celebration is complete without Birthday E-fu Noodles! These tasted like the usual ones I've had in other Chinese restos.
Lung Hin Marco Polo Ortigas
Steamed Crab Claw in Egg White Bed (P680 a la carte)
This is where things start to get more exciting -- Steamed Crab Claw in Egg White Bed! There were actually flecks of edible gold on the big crab claw. I love that the hard crab shell had already already been removed! The egg white bed was smooth, savory, and custard-like. Yummy! Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management