Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Latest in Buildable Lip Color: Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colour Balm

In terms of lipsticks, I've been more into matte and satin finishes in recent months, but I always seem to have a soft spot for products that promise hydration and comfort, which explains why Laura Mercier's newest lipstick release, the Lip Parfait Creamy Colour Balm (spelled with a 'u' because Laura Mercier spells it that way :), caught my attention.

Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colour Balm ($25) boasts "the comfort of a balm and the shine of a gloss" and "succulent color." These lightly vanilla-scented balms have a thinner texture than say, the Revlon Lip Butters, but they're just as moisturizing and comfortable to wear, and with a comparable shine factor. They're also surprisingly pigmented.

Cherries Jubilee applied sheerly (top) and full-on (bottom)
I have Cherries Jubilee, a red raspberry. When I want a daytime, subdued lip, I dab it onto my lips and press my lips together a few times for the perfect sheer wash of color. The balmy formula makes it easy to spread the pigment without ever needing to use fingers. When applied full-on, Cherries Jubilee achieves opaque coverage in two layers. This is my favorite way to wear it. It's definitely my kind of shade. The color is so easily buildable, making it fantastic for keeping in your handbag to transform a day look into night.


As with most bold lip shades in thin, balm formulations, Cherries Jubilee does have a tendency to bleed a little bit on me. To prevent this, I've been using a clear lip liner to line my lips beforehand, and that's been working really well (I'll talk about that one in another post). I prefer it over a matching colored lip liner, which can sometimes make the lips look too perfect and precise, taking away from the effortless appeal of colored balms.

I wouldn't say there's necessarily anything revolutionary about Laura Mercier's newest lipstick formula, but I have been enjoying wearing Cherries Jubilee, nonetheless, as I find the color really beautiful. The shade range, in general, has a lot of nice options to choose from.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management