Thursday 6 August 2015

Current Skincare Routine: PM

You may have recently seen me ramble on about my morning skincare routine (catch up here if you missed it) and now it's time to share with you my PM skincare stash. Prepare for some serious gushing about facial oils.

I tend to use just one cleanser in the evening as I don't wear a lot of makeup during the day. If I'm wearing more, I'll quickly sweep on a gentle micellar water on my lids to help remove eye makeup; I like the Euercin DermatoCLEAN Micellar Cleansing Fluid as it doesn't sting my eyes like some do. As my actual cleanser, I'm currently using the SK:N Facial Exfoliating Cleanser*. This is a chemical exfoliator so doesn't contain any grainy bits. It uses Glycolic Acid and Glyerine to gently exfoliate the skin leaving it feeling softer and smoother - my skin has never felt so soft! I've noticed after using this products seem to layer up easier afterwards. I'll follow this with the same spray and eye cream routine as the AM but swap my moisturiser for something with more oomph. Firstly I'll tackle any blemishes with a treatment cream. I'm using the SK:N Blemish Control Lotion* on my T zone which reduces redness and inflammation by slowing oil production and reducing acne bacteria. The Salicylic acid-peptide combination of this has been clinically proven to decrease blemishes.The formula is very runny so a little bit goes a long way. In the evening I love to use a facial oil. I'll spend a good 10-20 minutes gently massaging it in whilst catching up on Youtube. The one oil I'll always return to is the Trilogy Rosehip Oil - now my third bottle of the stuff. I really enjoy using this before bed; the scent is calming, the texture isn't overly greasy and my skin just drinks the stuff up and thanks me for it in the morning. If I was suffering from dry skin I'd layer in a serum before using an oil, I highly recommend the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum for those with dry skin types.

After writing this I'm oddly excited to take my makeup off this evening and indulge in my PM skincare routine. My line up is currently missing a decent face mask so if you have any recommendation leave them below! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management