Tuesday 4 August 2015

Current Skincare routine: AM

I was originally going to roll my morning and evening skincare routine into one post, however I obviously have too much to say on the matter so I've decided to split it up into two posts to avoid boring you.

Before starting I should begin by giving you some background information on my skin. My skin type is quite normal but I tend to get oily around my T-zone. I'm prone to blemishes especially around my chin which leaves those pesky scars behind. My skin goes through phases of being sensitive so I try to balance out using harsh products with something more gentle.

After waking up I'll splash my face with cold water before applying a cleanser. At the minute I'm using the Soap and Glory Vitamin C Facial Wash which is the perfect AM cleanser as it has an invigorating scent.  The product contains polishing microbeads that are super gentle and help give skin that morning glow. I have the old packaging as it now comes in a big bottle. Then I'll spray on a toner because I'm obsessed with them (and taking up 40% of my fridge space). I've been using Serozinc for a couple of months now and although it's hard to tell if it is doing my skin much good I do enjoy the refreshing sensation. As someone who was born looking tired I need all the help I can get when it comes to the eye department. I'm not loyal to any particular eye cream but I'm using and liking The Body Shop Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate right now. The roller ball applicator really helps to refresh the eye contour and reduces the appearance of my puffy eyes. Next up I'll apply a treatment product and currently reaching for La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+. I'll use the tiniest amount of this on any blemishes I have. I find this helps to stop spots from getting any worse and reduces redness. I'll choose my moisturiser depending on how my skin is behaving that day. Because my skin has been quite sensitive lately I've been using the Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturising Cream*. The fragrance-free and essential oil-free formula makes this soothing cream super gentle and great for when my skin is feeling delicate. The deeply hydrating cream contains natural spring water and chamomile which both help to comfort irritated skin. This also contains breakthrough botanical complex SyriCalm which reduces redness and inflammation, whilst protecting the skin's natural barrier function. I'll top this all off with an SPF; in the summer I reach for the big guns and wear La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL Fluid SPF 50. If you hate wearing suncream you'll love this.

I love talking about skincare, as you can tell. I hope this didn't bore you! Keep an eye out for my PM routine coming up next. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management