Tuesday 9 June 2015

The 'I Forgot To Set My Alarm' Makeup

how to look less tired
You wake up late. There's no time to eat breakfast. You have to choose between brushing your hair and brushing your teeth. I hate rushing so this is my worst nightmare. If I forget to set my alarm I want to be able to cleverly disguise my fatigue with a little help from some trusted makeup items. The secret to this look - a bright lip. Keep reading to find out what other pick-me-up products I reach for..

It's all about that base. Tired skin can look dull and grey. After using a hydrating moisturiser apply The Body Shop Instant Glow Enhancer all over your face. This orange-tinted cream gives skin a subtle glow and makes it appear naturally radiant. To further brighten your complexion take a liquid highlighter and apply to the cheekbones. I love the SEVENTEEN Skin WOW Primer which is a shimmery white cream that is perfect at giving you that lit-from-within glow. The other base product you need to combat tiredness is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. Designed to reawaken and illuminate the undereye area for an instant anti-fatigue effect. It has medium coverage and is very light-weight so great for the delicate eye area. On days when I am looking particularly tired I'll need to build this up for optimum coverage.  

When lacking sleep your eye can appear red so my life-saving product to conceal this is a nude coloured eye liner. I really like how soft and affordable the Rimmel Waterproof Kohl Liner is. To energise and revitalise those peepers a coating of your favourite volumising mascara is sure to do the trick. Using an eyelash curler will also help you achieve that wide-eyed look. To finish of the eyes I'll pop a light, shimmery shadow on the inner corners of my eyes to really brighten up the area.My go-to for years has been the Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow in Rose Beige.

Adding a hint of colour to the cheeks is a great way to hid a dull complexion. My latest blusher love has been the COLLECTION Speedy Sticks. They are a drugstore dupe for the Clinique Chubby Stick and I adore them. If all else fails, swipe on a brightly coloured lipstick to draw attention away from your tired eyes. Works every time.

How do you recover from oversleeping? 


Further reading: How To Fake A Lie-In

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management