Thursday 4 June 2015

My Morning Skincare Routine

Between testing new products and growing bored of others, I tend to switch around my skincare quite a lot, but lately, I've found myself staying loyal to the same group of products when it comes to my morning skincare routine, so I thought I'd share. 

I first discovered CeraVe on a whim when I was at Target and needed a lotion or cream that could soothe a dry, irritated patch of skin on my neck. After giving the CeraVe Renewing SA Lotion a try, and with good results, I thought to give one of their cleansers a go next, since I'd recently used up my morning cleanser and wanted to try something new. I picked up their Renewing SA Cleanser for normal skin from the same range. It's a gel cleanser that's slightly foaming, and I love how gentle it is on my skin. Thanks to salicylic acid that gently exfoliates dead skin cells and hyaluronic acid that helps skin retain moisture, my skin feels softer and more balanced after cleansing. It's a great no-frills cleanser - think Cetaphil, but so much better. It's probably my favorite cleanser from the drugstore. I'm also partial to using it as a second cleanse at night. Every two or three days or so, I still use the NUDE Skincare Detox Fizzy Powder Wash as my morning cleanser for more intensive exfoliation. 

After cleansing, I take two to three pumps of the Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner on a cotton pad and swipe it all over my face and neck. I purchased this because it's meant to be good for oily, acne-prone skin, and I appreciate that it's alcohol-free, but to be honest, I haven't noticed much of a difference since adding it to my routine a couple months ago. I'm not sure I'd repurchase this or recommend it.

Prior to applying my moisturizer, I've been spritzing my face with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater (yes, I already have a back-up) before applying a concoction of my beloved MV Organic Skincare Rose Soothing Protective Moisturizer and One Love Organics Morning Glory Brightening Complexion Booster. I'm still just as in love with the MV moisturizer as I was when I reviewed it here, and Morning Glory helps to thin out the moisturizer, while also imparting a much welcomed glow into my complexion.

The last step in my morning skincare routine is applying eye cream, and lately, I've been using the Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate. This eye cream aims to fight signs of aging like puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles, and while I can't attest to its anti-aging claims as I don't suffer from wrinkles yet, I can say that I really like the texture of it and how it sits under my makeup. It's fast-absorbing, hydrating, and seems to smooth out the under-eye area so that my concealer goes on more flawlessly. I'm not complaining.


Disclosure: The Clarins eye cream was gifted to me at an event. The MV moisturizer and NUDE powder wash were both won in giveaways. I am not affiliated with any of these companies, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management