Friday 12 June 2015

How to Eliminate odors from Home!

As much as I lovee {and I mean LOVE!} Indian food… the scent that lingers around my home after I cook is just not cute. I mean..the smell will get in my hair, my clothes, my couch, my carpet, my SHOES and everywhere else you can think of! I am exaggerating but you get the idea.

I wanted to share my tips on how I eliminate odors from my home – Even if you are not cooking Indian food, every home has a “scent” and I want to show you how I neutralize mine and make it pleasant! Let’s get straight into it!

“Mask the scent!” – These methods will not eliminate the smells from your home, it will simply mask them.
DSC00311Candles – very obvious but they do work well. I buy mine from Bath and Body works and always have one burning in at least one room!

DSC00312
DSC00353Home Oils – A much stronger alternative to candles. These oils are packed with smell-good stuff and a little bit of oil will literally fill the entire room with the amazing scent. I like to use these directly after I am done cooking.

DSC00315Home Diffusers – Definitely not as strong as the candles or home oils but these will work best in smaller rooms. I like to have one in my bathroom at all times.

DSC00313
Fabric Fresheners: I constantly spray this stuff in my closets/couch/carpets and any other home fabrics. It’s a nice way to prevent food smell from soaking into your fabrics.

DSC00314
Scented Satchels – These babies are amazing! I have one in each closet and every time I open the door to my closets {or wear certain clothes} I can smell this refreshing scent.

“Eliminate Odors” – I have found that these methods actually help to completely eliminate odors from my home. Combine these with “Masking the smell” and you have got yourself a beautiful smelling home!
DSC00310
Essential oil + Rosemary + Lemon + Water – This has got to be one of my favorite methods to eliminate odors! I boil tap water in a big pot, then bring down the heat and add my favorite essential oil, lemon and rosemary {You can add other herbs, spices of your choice}. I like to do this directly after I am done cooking and I really feel like it makes my entire home smell so refreshing! It eliminates odors instantly!

HeinzWhiteVinegar1
White Vinegar – Take a small bowl and add white vinegar into it. Leave in the room of your choice for 24 hours and then get rid of the vinegar. It’s amazing! It literally soaks up all the smells instantly!

In addition to these methods, I recommend to cook with all windows open and wipe down all counters thoroughly after cooking. This will ensure that no smells linger around your home.

Don’t forget to check out my video below where I explain all of these methods in detail! I love you all!

The post How to Eliminate odors from Home! appeared first on Happy Treasuress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management