Monday 1 June 2015

Facial SPFs On Trial

Aah suncream...that smell jolts me right back to my childhood. My Mum would slather me in the sticky stuff and I'd turn into a sand-magnet. These days I can't get enough of the stuff as I understand it's importance and have become a bit of a skincare obsessive. I've been on a mission to find the best formulas to suit every skin concern.

Kiko City Filter Primer SPF 50 £12.90
This comes out with a slight yellow tint but looks natural on skin. It has a light-weight texture and blends easily. It does feel more like a primer rather than a suncreen. I like that it comes out of a pump instead of a squeezy tube. A good choice for those who don't enjoy applying suncream!
Avene Creme Mineral 50+ £13.50
Designed for those with very sensitive skin that is intolerant to chemicals, fragrances or gets irritated easily. Whereas I did find this offers good protection it is very chalky on application and left me looking a bit ghostly. Out of all the sunscreens I tested this was my least favourite.
La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ £17.00
Oily skinned gals (and guys) listen up. This formula has a dry touch and offers anti-shine protection. It dries to a matte finish which is great for oily/combination skin. It's paraben-free and non-perfumed but it does leave your complexion looking a little white. The shine-free finish does make this a great base for makeup.
Korres Sunscreen Face Cream Yogurt SPF 30 £16.50
One for those who don't want such a high SPF. This is a really lovely sunscreen - it's easily absorbed, has a light texture, doesn't leave any white marks and no tackiness. I'll sometimes forgo moisturiser and just use this!
Avene Emulsion SPF 50+ £16.00
Avene is a brand I trust when my skin becomes sensitive. This pump applicator is easy to use and glides on nicely without leaving skin looking greasy. It's rich in Avene Thermal Spring Water which is great for soothing the skin. A good buy for those with sensitive skin.


I love the sun. I'm now ready for you, whenever you decide to make an appearance...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management