Sunday 3 May 2015

Weekend Catch-Up #2


Aloha! This week has been pretty busy with work but full of beauty bits nonetheless. Last weekend I had a little getaway for my boyfriend's 21st which was full of tea, cake and sunshine (sounds more like his 60th). I hope you like the idea of this new weekly series, I really enjoy writing it!

New in: You know you've a keeper when he surprises you with your favourite beauty products. Body scrubs are my drug. I'm addicted to using them and my all time favourite brand is Soap & Glory. All week I've been indulging in the deliciously sweet (almost edible) scent of the S&G Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub. The oats, brown sugar, honey and banana combination makes this the ultimate evening treat. Praise the Lord for this heavenly tub of goodness(and super nice boyfriend).
Storage Solutions: Fellow beauty-obsessed readers will understand the struggle to store all your beauty bits. My makeup was being stored in a series of mix-match containers which weren't easily accessible and didn't look very pretty. On a trip this week to Home Bargains I spotted 4 little clear draws which are the perfect size for all my makeup. You can imagine how much fun I had organising my lipsticks/eyeliners/foundation...Now I just need somewhere for my perfumes, any suggestions?
Testing out: This week has been all about fragrance. I've had a couple of new launches to try out including the latest offering from Britney Spears. Her perfumes always take me back to my early teens when my 'grown-up' fragrance of choice was 'Curious'. Rocker Femme Fantasy is described as a daring scent with notes of vanilla musk, creamy violet and blackberry liquor.
Nailed it: On my nails this week is 'Rose Nude' by Maybelliene. I'd described it as a seventies pink. It's a mixture between a dusky rose and a nude beige. This has great long-lasting ability too - up to 7 days without chipping.
Wishlist: I had to dig out the miniature toiletries this week as I had a little weekend away. In my makeup bag I took a sample of the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. After getting this free in a magazine I hadn't properly given it a whirl until now. This gave me super long, curly lashes without any clumps! It's the best mascara I've tried in ages.

What have you been up to this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management