Tuesday 28 April 2015

The New Generation of Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors

I was lucky enough to be invited to an event a couple weeks ago to learn about Clarins skincare and makeup products, with a specific focus on their Garden Escape collection for Spring 2015. Instead of bombarding you with everything in one post, I've decided to break it up into a few posts. To start it all off, we're talking about the follow-up product to Clarins' cult-classic, the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector: the new Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector.

Clarins Garden Escape Spring 2015 Color Collection
I'm a fan of the original Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors, already owning two shades, so I was definitely excited and interested in testing out the new balm version. The Instant Light Lip Balm Perfectors ($23) are meant to offer "subtle, natural-looking color with visible shine," all while providing lips with hydration. The formula is definitely that of a tinted lip balm and not a sheer lipstick, and the light wash of color is in-line with that. On the lips, they feel very similar to their predecessor - balmy, moisturizing and cushiony. I like. Though they're not incredibly long-wearing (which is to be expected, considering the formula), my lips continue to feel soft and smooth, even after the product was worn off. The creme brulee scent has also remained consistent, and thank goodness for that, because the Lip Perfector family continues to be one of my favorite scented lip products of all time. My only qualm is the amount of product in each tube - just 1.8 grams/0.063 oz. Considering they're lip balms and need to be re-applied, I could see myself using these up quite quickly.

L to R: Rose, Rosewood, Orange, My Pink, Coral, Red
In terms of shades, Coral and Rose are the most sheer and do not alter the color of my pigmented lips much. The effect is subtle. Rosewood is slightly more pigmented and very much a my-lips-but-better kind of a shade, while Red and Orange are the most pigmented of the bunch. I was most excited to try My Pink, as it's one of those shades that goes on clear but then adjusts to your body's pH level to create a customized pink shade, hence the name. On me, it turns surprisingly bright, but not garish, and leaves a bit of a stain, even after the balm has worn off (it's the only one that does).

L to R: Red, Coral, My Pink, Orange, Rosewood, Rose
Wearing Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in Rose
Currently, I have Coral and Orange in my handbag. I reach for the former when my lips need the hydration but I want to keep the color minimal and neutral, and the latter comes in handy when I need a bit more oomph. I'd say those who are fans of the original Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors will welcome these new balm versions into their collections with open arms. I know I did.


Disclosure: The products in this post were gifted to me at the event. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are based solely on my own experience with the products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management