Thursday 30 April 2015

The Neutral Palette That Made Me Believe I Needed Another Neutral Palette

I needed another neutral eyeshadow palette (or any eyeshadow palette, for that matter) like I needed another eyeball, but when I saw the Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1 Nudes You Need pop up on Sephora, I caved...and I don't regret it for a second.

Ever since the reformulated Make Up For Ever eyeshadows were released last year, I've heard nothing but raves. Seriously. Only raves. That should tell you something, right? I made a mental note to pick up a couple, but I always ended up leaving empty handed because I felt overwhelmed by the huge selection of shades (clearly, it can be a good and a bad thing). The Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1 Nudes You Need basically had my name written all over it, because I would've gravitated towards the neutral shades anyway, and this palette takes the guesswork out of it all. So, into my basket it went.

At $42 for nine 0.06 oz. shadows, I'm sure I don't need to tell you the palette is an amazing deal. MUFE shadows are normally $21 for a full-sized 0.08 oz. shadow, or $44 for a trio, but either way you slice it, it's a fantastic value for money.

The palette is housed in sturdy cardboard packaging with magnetic closure (reminds me of a Z-palette). The shade names are written on the back, and the nine shades consist of iridescent, metallic, satin and diamond finishes. One thing I was wary about was the lack of mattes, but after having played around with the palette for a bit, I definitely don't miss it.

I felt like the heart-eyed emoji when I first cracked open my palette. It's beautiful in real life. When I swatched them, I was blown away by how smooth and buttery they were - almost like a cream. The pigmentation is incredible, and there is never any fallout. They apply and blend beautifully as well, both over primer and on their own, although I do experience a bit of creasing after a full work day, if I don't use primer. I suspect it may be due to the shadows' creamy texture. I love the mix of darker and lighter shades, as well as cool and warm-toned shades in the palette. It's quite versatile, even without any mattes.

Swatches L to R: top row, middle row, bottom row (all L to R)
Wearing ME-644 on the lid, D-652 in the crease and lower lash line, and I-528 in the inner corner
One last look at the gorgeous Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1 Nudes You Need
This is definitely one of the best purchases I've made in a while, despite already owning enough neutral shadows to life me a lifetime. In addition to being a great value, the quality of these MUFE shadows, as well as the shade selection, make the Artist Palette Volume 1 Nudes You Need a must-have. Trust me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management