Saturday 21 March 2015

SOFT OMBRE LIPS






Ombre lips have been on trend for sometime now. If you don't already know then ombre is a french word meaning shade or fade. So this gradient trend is a hit from the hair to the nails and now it has struck the lips too. I am a fan of the red ombre lip and I have to admit that I have tried it and failed miserably. Poor me! So today I am putting up a tutorial for you that involves just two lip colour and is more subtle and soft.



I used a nude shade and a contrasting darker plum shade that I blended. I matted it with just a bit of powder to achieve the look. The key to ombre is the art of blending and choosing colours from a similar colour family that contrasts each other well. I have come across many ombre lips that are so wonderfully done with more than two shades but for beginners like you and me let's stick to two. Now let's hop on to the tutorial.



THE TUTORIAL:






PRODUCTS USED:

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Totally Toffee (Darker Shade)

Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick in Shade No. 421 (Lighter Shade)

Anna Andre Paris Lip Liner in Shade No. 50302

Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact (Optional, used to mattify)

Lip Brush






STEPS:

1. Start with lining your lips with a lip liner. I lined the lower lip for the effect I was trying to achieve.

2. Apply the lighter lip shade all over your lip. I used a nude lip colour.

3. Take a bit of the darker lipstick in a lip brush and start at the place you want to go darker. I wanted my lower lips to be darker so I started at the lower lip line. Slowly blend the colours in. Add more colour till you have the gradient effect and use your fingers to blend for the best effect. You may use the brush but I find that fingers make it appear much much better.

4. Now this step is optional. I wanted a matte lip so I applied a bit of compact powder over my lips to make it matte. You may choose not to. Some also prefer to apply a bit of clear gloss in this step to seal the effect.

5. And your soft ombre lips are ready!



I have achieved this ombre lips after a lot of hassel and I do love the way it has turned out. Now there are various ways that you can pull this look off. There is no particular method. Experiment and try out different methods and you may just fall in love with it. Don't fret yourself too much. So peeps are you in for some fun ombre lips or not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management