Thursday 11 February 2016

Shop and ship from Amazon US with halpu.com!

The first online store I ever purchased an item from was Amazon.com back in 1999. Someone gave me a US$25 Amazon gift card and I bought a graphic novel by Rumiko Takahashi. The transaction was smooth and I received my book after a couple of weeks. After that awesome experience, I was hooked. Back then, they only sold books. Amazon.com is now an online superstore selling everything from books, household appliances, cosmetics, clothes, gadgets, to car parts. They have pretty much everything and so I find myself going back to buy stuff more and more. What I'd do is have my orders shipped to my mom's house in California and then she'd send them to me in a box when it's full. I pay around US$65 to have the box sent out to the Philippines.
shop at amazon us with halpu.com
But what if you don't have someone in the US? That's where halpu.com comes in. Halpu.com gives you a box you can fill (there are 3 sizes available) with items that you order from Amazon.com. If you can't fill it up in one sitting, whatever you put inside gets saved until the next time you login (just don't wait too long because some items become out of stock!). So anyway, I decided to give it a go since I need to order some stuff from Amazon.com.
shop at amazon us with halpu.com
First things first. We need some induction cookware for the house. There aren't too many options here in Manila. We started using induction cookers a little over a year ago so we can't use ordinary pots and pans anymore.
shop at amazon us with halpu.com
I decided to order the Amazon Basics 8-pc Nonstick Cookware Set. It's induction-ready according to Amazon.com and it has gotten a lot of good reviews from verified customers. US40.99 for this set is a steal! I remember buying one pan at a department store and it's like around US$20 already.
shop at amazon us with halpu.com
Anyway I'm currently filling up a Red Box at halpu.com which costs US$55 to ship out. This is halpu.com's smallest box. After ordering the cookware set, hamster food, and some leather cleaner, the Box Estimate says I've filled up about half of my 23" x 16" x 17" box. I'm still shopping so I can fill up the remaining space.

According to halpu.com's FAQs, box delivery to Metro Manila takes about 6-8 weeks. For provincial areas, it's 8-10 weeks. They ship it out as soon as all fees are settled. You can pay via Dragonpay, which supports online banking, over-the-counter bank transactions, and over-the-counter non-bank transactions (Bayad Center, LBC, Cebuana Lhuillier, etc).

So why shop via halpu.com?

  • You can buy US products from Amazon.com even if you don't have a credit card since Dragonpay accommodates over-the-counter cash payments.
  • There's no need to inconvenience US-based relatives and friends anymore. You can shop at Amazon.com, fill up a box, and have it shipped to your door all in one go.
  • OFWs can shop for their loved ones online -- even non-US based OFWs can send US products which halpu.com will consolidate and deliver to their families in the Philippines.

I'll keep you posted when my box from halpu.com arrives! You can check out them out at http://www.halpu.com.


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management