Wednesday 10 February 2016

Osaka Ohsho at The Block, SM North EDSA

When you say Japanese food (to my kids at least), gyoza is one of the first things that come to mind. Gyoza is simply a pan-fried dumpling filled with ground meat and veggies that's served with a light and savory dipping sauce on the side. Oh but gyoza, when done right, is pretty much all you need for a satisfying meal... well that and a bowl of nice and sticky Japanese rice.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
So one of our go-to gyoza places, Osaka Ohsho, finally opens a second branch in SM North EDSA (the first one is in SM Megamall). You know I have actually tried eating in Osaka Ohsho in Japan and I was surprised that it's not really known there as a gyoza place. It's an all-around Japanese resto which serves not just gyoza but also ramen, an array of short order dishes, and several kinds of delicious dumplings. But here in Manila, Osaka Ohsho = gyoza.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
So during the SM North EDSA branch's launch, we were served several featured Osaka Ohsho as well as endless amounts of gyoza -- original, nori, bacon and cheese, curry, and kimchi. My kids love bacon and cheese. Me? I'm happy with just about any variant.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
Mabo Tofu (P280) wasn't new to me because my hubby orders this when we eat at Osaka Ohsho. It's a dish made of ground meat and cubed silken tofu cooked in sauce that's a bit spicy.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
Platters and platters of Japanese Style Crispy Chicken Karaage (P330) also made it to our table. I don't like chicken but this is pretty okay.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
It was my first time to try Ebi Chili (P375) that evening. Ignoring my shellfish allergy, I tried a couple of pieces lol. Me likey, hahaha! This would definitely go well with rice.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
I've always enjoyed their Crab Cream Croquettes (P225) and that evening was no exception. They're fried potato croquettes with crab meat and wow, they're really crisp outside and creamy inside! I think kids like this too.
Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
We were also served Black Vinegar Chicken (P335). Nooo chicken again, hahaha! Not a fan of this dish but hey, I'm not an accurate gauge because I really do not like chicken. Anyhow unlimited gyoza already made my night.

Osaka Ohsho is located on the ground floor of The Block in SM North EDSA, right beside Cafe Kumori.


Osaka Ohsho SM North EDSA
But wait, there's more! Osaka Ohsho SM Megamall is celebrating its 2nd year and the first 100 customers to visit Osaka Ohsho SM Megamall on Feb. 15, 2016 can purchase ANY KIND of gyoza for P2 a piece. There is a limit of 20 gyozas per customer max (dine-in only okay?) so yeah, don't forget to drop by!


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management