Monday 27 July 2015

Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in Orange Icon & Cherry Crush Review

There was a time when I had more than 250 lipsticks in my stash and believe me I used them all. But now, I have limited my lipstick addiction and only stick to a few types of shades. I mostly like pinks, reds, wines and berries. The ones I avoid are browns and oranges. Recently Maybelline has come up with its Color Show lipsticks and I have been sent the Orange Icon and Cherry Crush for review.


About Maybelline Color Show Lipstick :
Maybelline New York launches 32 new lipstick shades with the most stunning hues of red, pink, brown and mauve. They are vibrant moisture rich shades to suit all Indian skin tones. Enriched with ultra-care hydrating formula which gives your lips all day hydration. They are anti-oxidant and and heat resistant, which guarantees color integrity and does not even fade in extreme heat and humidity. Are you ready to show off your colorful sides?
Here's why you will love it:
- Enriched with ultra-care hydrating formula
- 32 vibrant moisture rich shades
- Lip color doesn’t fade in extreme heat and humidity
- Shades to suit all Indian skin tones

Price: Rs.299 Available here


Packaging: Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks come in a black packaging with colour type indication, like Red category in red bands in the centre and brown ones with brown bands.


The Shades: I have received 2 shades:
Orange Icon: Well okay, I was quite skeptical in using orange/coral lip colours, until recently when an ace makeup artist has given me some golden tips to work orange shades on my lips, and guess what she said, it actually complements my complexion, more than reds. :-)


Orange Icon is a true orange, light coral in colour. It is a bit glossy in texture but the colour is bright enough to show on my pigmented lips. 


Cherry Crush: This is from the red family of Maybelline Color Show Lipstick. I like these kind of shades a lot and mostly wear them often.


Cherry Crush is a red with blue undertones that may appear almost pink sometimes. It has a very creamy texture and appears not that bright on the lips as it appears.


My Experience: The Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks are quite pigmented in texture. These are moisturizing and keep the lips hydrated for a long time. The issue is the initial brightness fades after sometime and only the colour stays as a stain on the lips. The colours are really good. I was going through the shad card and found the range to be awesome, very vibrant and really every complexion will find a match for herself. The colours I received bleed a bit, so that is not something I like. Overall, Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks are a good purchase, considering the price, the range of shades and the pigmentation. I wish these were more long-wear.


Pros:
1.Very vibrant shades
2. Lots of shads options
3. Suitable for all skin tones
4. Hydrating formula
5. Affordable
6. Very pigmented
7. 

Cons:
1.Does not stay for a long time
2. Has a tendency to bleed

Rating:4/5


Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks are decent lipsticks to carry around all the time with you around. The shades are vibrant and the range is huge with 32 shades to choose from, that will match every skin tone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management