Sunday 14 June 2015

Electric Corals for Summer

I love a good coral any time of year, but especially in the summer, when I find myself craving bolder makeup shades. Hot pinks and magentas are always a favorite, of course, but I can tend to grow bored of them after a while, and oranges are more difficult for me to pull off. Coral tends to be the perfect compromise, and for me, the brighter, the better. Here are a few of my picks for summer:
IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Ombre Blush in Coral Flush
This baby is piiiiigmented! Luckily, I was expecting that, so I gave my blush brush only the lightest tap into the pan and dusted off the excess onto the back of my hand before bringing any of it near my cheeks. While the combination of an ultra bright, in-your-face shade with such incredible pigmentation could be scary for some, Coral Flush blends in so easily that it quickly put my mind at ease. I've been swirling all of the shades together, and the end result is a gorgeous, matte coral that is the epitome of summer. It brings color and brightness to my complexion, and I can only imagine how stunning it would look on medium and deeper skin tones, too. Expect to see me wearing this in an upcoming post so you can see how it looks on the cheeks.

Stila Convertible Color in Petunia
I'm a big fan of the Convertible Colors because they leave the prettiest, dewiest finish on the cheeks, and they're long-wearing. Petunia is a bright coral that's beautiful on the cheeks, as well as the lips.

MAC Lipsticks in Costa Chic (left) and Vegas Volt (right)
Costa Chic was one of my absolute summer staples when I got it a few summers ago. I'm not normally into frost finishes, but with Costa Chic, the frostiness is subtle against a very creamy and saturated coral base color. I love this one applied full-on, as well as dabbed onto the lips and muted down with a nude gloss. Vegas Volt is a deeper orangey-coral that makes a great alternative to red for a night out lip in the summer. Admittedly, I don't wear this one enough, but every time I do, I'm reminded of how striking it is.

OPI Down to the Core-al
Similarly to Vegas Volt, Down to the Core-al is an orange-coral, but its shimmer is what really sets it apart from other corals in my polish collection. It's an incredibly bright and slightly neon shade that screams "perfect summer pedicure," no?

L to R: Coral Flush, Petunia, Costa Chic, Vegas Volt
OPI Down to the Core-al
What's your favorite makeup shade to wear in the summer?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management