Friday 1 May 2015

New Hair, New Routine

trevor sorbie colour review
With a new haircut requires new products. Since getting a lob a few weeks ago I thought I'd update you on how it's shaping up. So far, so good - I'm loving the shorter length! Drying time has halved, it's so much easier to style and feels in much better condition. I think I'll be staying at this length for a while.

So not only have I gone for the chop I also said goodbye to my ombre locks. After a few years of dip dyed ends I just wasn't feeling it any more and fancied a change. I picked up a box of the Nice 'n Easy shade Medium Ash Blonde which is quite true to the colour on the packaging. To care for my newly coloured hair I have been using (and loving) the Trevor Sorbie Shampoo & Conditioner* for coloured hair. This stuff is really great at adding shine and keeping colour vibrant. I'm hoping this will help to prolong the colour in-between dye jobs. After washing my hair I'll brush it through with my Wet Brush which is ideal as it doesn't damage hair and is delicate enough for coloured locks.

I LOVE how easy my new cut is to maintain however, I have noticed it can look quite flat if I don't use any styling products on it. To achieve that messy texture of day 2 hair I have been reaching for the dry shampoo for some added volume. I'm sensing Batiste will be coming to the forefront of my new haircare routine. I'll spritze a little onto my roots before massaging in. Because of the recent cut my ends don't feel dry at all but I still like to apply some hair oil whilst it's still damp. The added bonus of shorter hair is that you use less product - hoorah!

Further Reading: 8 Things To Consider Before Cutting Your Hair Short

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management