Tuesday 21 April 2015

Skincare Must-Have: Caudalie Vine Body Luxury Set

The Caudalie Vine Body Luxury Set ($34) was a random purchase I made on one of my many trips to Sephora a while ago. I'd tried their Hand and Nail Cream in-store on a few different occasions, each time telling myself I needed to pick up a tube one day, and as I was set to scrape the bottom of my The Body Shop Shea Body Butter within the next few days, I figured the set was a justifiable purchase. The set includes their Hand and Nail Cream (1.7 fl.oz.) and a full-size Lip Conditioner (0.15 oz.) and Vine Body Butter (7.6 fl.oz.). 

The Hand and Nail Cream has become one of my favorite hand creams for on-the-go. It sinks in almost instantly, doesn't leave hands feeling greasy at all, yet it's still very hydrating. The Vine Body Butter has also become a fast favorite, and I wouldn't be surprised if a repurchase is in the cards once I'm out. It's not as thick as The Body Shop Body Butters, as it has a more airy, almost mousse-like quality, and similarly to the hand cream, it's rich but absorbs quickly, without leaving my limbs feeling wet, sticky or greasy. It's provides lasting hydration and is incredibly nourishing, and I love how soft it leaves my skin feeling. Last, but not least, is their Lip Conditioner. I'd heard good things about their Lip Conditioner, and although it's a good product, I could take it or leave it. It has a slightly waxy consistency that works as a great base under lipsticks that have a tendency to dry out your lips, and it's also a great lip balm to wear as you're doing your makeup to prep for any lip products that follow; however, it's nothing super special, nor is it hydrating or long-lasting enough for use overnight. Like I said, it's good, just not extraordinary.

One of the things I like most about the set is the scent. It smells lightly of grapefruit - fresh and just citrusy enough without being overpowering or offensive. I'm a little obsessed with it, if I'm being honest.

For me, the hand cream and body butter are must-haves, and seeing as how the set is valued at $56 and retails for only $34, I'd say it's a steal, despite not absolutely loving the lip balm. I can't find the set online at Sephora, but it's available on Caudalie's site here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management