Thursday 11 September 2014

Uber X, the more affordable way to ride!

I recently posted about my first Uber car ride last July. I was very happy with my experience. I was lucky because I rode during non-peak hours and I got an economy car (Toyota Vios). Hence my base fare or flag down rate was only P40.

Uber Black is actually the original Uber service with P90 as the base fare or flag down rate. You can get virtually any car ranging from a normal sedan to a van to an SUV to a luxury car (Yup, I know people who've gotten an Uber ride via a Mercedes Benz, lol!).

Anyhow, Uber has recently introduced a different classification called Uber X. If both Uber Black and Uber X are available in your area when you call for a black car, you can choose which service you want although by default Uber will pick the cheaper alternative (Uber X). Uber X is basically a non-peak hour ride in an economy sedan like a Toyota Vios. It's not always available, it depends where and what time you use the app. Yesterday, I was in Makati. I had a meeting at the Smart Tower. I drove to Makati but there's no parking at Smart Tower so what I did was park at a mall and then I used the Uber app to call for a black car. Wow, it's true what they say, Uber works FAST in Makati. I got a car in 5 minutes! A Toyota Vios driven by Jonathan arrived to take me to the Smart Tower.

Upon my confirmation, Jonathan promptly texted me for my exact location. He arrived in a jiffy. :) Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management