Monday 30 November 2015

Accidental Vermicelli Laddoo with Coconut

I do not pride myself in being the best when it comes to making sweets, partly because I am not that fond of sweets, and mostly because, I find making sweets to be a really arduous job. However, how can an Indian stay away from sweets for long. So, the festivities have brought me an ardent urge of making some sweet dishes at home. I thought of making the popular vermicelli kheer, with a twist and came up with this new idea of adding a paste of nuts and raisins. Well, everything was going smooth, but my mood made me turn around this little twist to a whole new form and I came up with a Vermicelli Laddoo with Coconut. And to top it all, I used the all new Sugarfree Natura.


Ingredients:
75 g vermicelli
1/4 th cup minced coconut
1/4th cup milk
1/2 cup of nuts of your choice
8-10 raisins
3 pods of green cardamom
2 tablespoon Ghee
Sugerfree Natura
Cashew nut for decoration




In a pan add 1 tablespoon ghee and roast the nuts. I took almonds and cashew nuts. You can add the cardamom pods too. Take that away from heat and keep for cooling. When it has cooled down, grind these with the raisins, a bit of milk and some Sugarfree Natura to make it to a paste. Then in the pan add ghee once again and roast the vermicelli till browned.



Let it get cool down and then in a the grinder add the roasted vermicelli, the minced coconut, milk and Sugarfree Natura. Once it has become a paste, in a large bowl mix the nut paste with this paste and form into round laddoos. You can place cherries or nuts for decoration. I decorated with cashew nut.


Well, I was not sure how it turned out to be so I made my neighbour taste it and she instantly wanted the recipe. And to add a few more hats on my crown, my husband loved it, my friend asked for more and I am again going to make it in the coming days. Are you going to try too? Let me know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management